Social Media Icons DEQ Facebook DEQ Twitter DEQ Instagram DEQ LinkedIn

Applications for New Surface Water Withdrawal Permits

Surface water withdrawal permit applications for a Virginia Water Protection (VWP) permit that also require a permit from the Virginia Marine Resources Commission (VMRC) are advertised concurrently by both agencies.  VMRC prepares a public notice for the applicant to advertise in a newspaper of general circulation within the area of the proposed project.  The list below contains the current projects for which such an application has been received along with the VMRC public notice.

Application No. Project Name Location DEQ Contact Date of Notice Public Notice
No new applications have been received.        


footer divider
footer divider
footer divider
Virginia Department of
Environmental Quality
P.O. Box 1105
Richmond, VA 23218
(804) 698-4000

Some resources on this website require Adobe Reader and Flash Player, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or Excel. If you wish to receive this content in an accessible format pursuant to Section 508 of the federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (29 U.S.C. ยง 794 (d)), please call 800-592-5482. In addition, this website includes hyperlinks to websites neither controlled nor sponsored by DEQ or the Commonwealth of Virginia. Links may open in a new window. If you wish to receive content from a website which is neither controlled nor sponsored by DEQ or the Commonwealth, please contact the host of that website directly.

Privacy Statement | Terms Of Use | WAI Compliance | Contact Us