Social Media Icons DEQ Facebook DEQ Twitter DEQ Instagram DEQ LinkedIn

Report Pipeline Concerns

Pollution and Compliance Complaints

DEQ only has authority over certain aspects of this project, but is coordinating its inspections, investigations and compliance efforts with other state and federal agencies.  For the fastest resolution of your concern, please direct your report to the appropriate regulatory agency:

Topic Responsible agency email phone number
Water pollution: erosion, sedimentation, runoff and stormwater; Oil spills, waste management DEQ
(804) 698-4003
Wetlands and stream crossings US Army Corps of Engineers Regulator of the Day (RD)
RD: (757) 201-7652
MVP Project Manager: (804) 323-3782
ACP Project Manager: (757) 201-7418
Forest buffers or tree cutting FERC (888) 889-8030
Wildlife, migratory birds and bats FERC (888) 889-8030
Cultural resources, easements, boundaries and land access FERC (888) 889-8030
Karst, surface water withdrawals and other upland conditions DEQ & FERC

(804) 698-4003
(888) 889-8030

Other Concerns

For a complaint or a problem regulated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), call their Enforcement Hotline at 1-888-889-8030 or (202) 502-8390 or email  More detailed information about filing a complaint with FERC can be found at:

Landowners can also call FERC's Landowner Helpline directly at 1-877-337-2237 or email:

General information and FAQs can be found at

footer divider
footer divider
footer divider
Virginia Department of
Environmental Quality
P.O. Box 1105
Richmond, VA 23218
(804) 698-4000

Some resources on this website require Adobe Reader and Flash Player, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or Excel. If you wish to receive this content in an accessible format pursuant to Section 508 of the federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (29 U.S.C. ยง 794 (d)), please call 800-592-5482. In addition, this website includes hyperlinks to websites neither controlled nor sponsored by DEQ or the Commonwealth of Virginia. Links may open in a new window. If you wish to receive content from a website which is neither controlled nor sponsored by DEQ or the Commonwealth, please contact the host of that website directly.

Privacy Statement | Terms Of Use | WAI Compliance | Contact Us