RSS feed for Land Protection Program Updates- News You Can Use Land Protection Program Updates- News You Can Use

List administrator(s): Jennifer Underwood, Jeff Steers, Ann Regn, Leslie Beckwith, Irina Calos

Upcoming Event and Links to Previous Stakeholder Meetings

Dear interested party,

Last spring, I hosted an informal listening session in our Piedmont Regional office, inviting our many stakeholders to have a discussion on priorities in the Division of Land Protection & Revitalization. This was a successful event, and I want to offer those with an interest, the opportunity to hear what the DLP&R is doing since then as we manage our priorities using a risk based approach while seeking to continue listening to your ideas and suggestions. My management team and myself will be in our Blue Ridge Regional Office, located in Roanoke, for the next session, scheduled to occur on November 3, 2011 from 10 am to 2 pm. We continue to explore opportunities to improve our efficiencies and to the extent allowed by our operating statutes and regulations, use sensible risk based decision-making. Thus far, we have sought stakeholder input on such issues as solid waste permitting and groundwater monitoring/corrective action, fluorescent tube (bulb) crushing, vapor intrusion at sites enrolled in DEQ’s Voluntary Remediation Program (VRP) and engagement sessions with the Old Dominion Chapter of the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA), Virginia Waste Industries Association (VWIA) and the Southwest Virginia Solid Waste Management Association. We have developed a web page that includes the agendas, participant lists, notes and presentations from our past stakeholder meetings, please visit: to download and review

If you are interested in attending our next meeting, please register via email to Cynthia Houchens at . Thank you for your interest in the Division of Land Protection & Revitalization. Once registered you will receive follow up details as they are released.

Jeff Steers
Director, Division of Land Protection & Revitalization

From: Jeff Steers

Sent: September 30, 2011 at 12:37 pm

September 7th Solid Waste Groundwater Workshop Registration is Now Closed

Due to overwhelming interest, we are no longer able to accomodate any new attendees for our September 7, 2011 Solid Waste Groundwater workshop. Registration for the event is now closed.

Date: September 7, 2011
Time: 10 am- 4 pm
Location: DEQ Central Office, 629 East Main St., Richmond VA 23219- 2nd Floor Training Rooms

Please RSVP your attendance at the September 7th meeting to Ms. Cynthia Houchens at by August 26th.