RSS feed for Land Protection Program Updates- News You Can Use Land Protection Program Updates- News You Can Use

Latest updates in our waste regulatory programs (solid/ hazardous waste and groundwater), the petroleum program, Superfund and DEQ’s voluntary/Brownfield programs, including upcoming events.

List administrator(s): Jennifer Underwood, Leslie Beckwith, Jeff Steers

Solid Waste Permitting and Groundwater Submission Instructions Updated

Greetings,

The Division of Land Protection & Revitalization has updated submission instructions for solid waste permitting and solid waste ground water programs. These changes reflect the most recent input from stakeholders and regulatory implementation of Amendment 7 of the solid waste regulations.

Permitting Instructions can be found at:
http://townhall.virginia.gov/L/Search.cfm Type solid waste in the search box, the return results will show guidance documents, click on guidance documents and this will take you to all of the most recent changes. Questions may be directed to Kathryn Perszyk kathryn.perszyk@deq.virginia.gov

Groundwater Instructions can be found at:
http://www.deq.virginia.gov/waste/groundwatera.html Questions may be directed to Geoff Christe at geoff.christe@deq.virginia.gov

From: Jeff Steers

Sent: February 10, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Draft Changes to the Ground Water ACLs from 2011

We have posted proposed changes to the solid waste Alternate Concentration Limits (ACLs) for groundwater monitoring. These new standards will become effective on February 1, 2012.

The draft changes can be found at: http://www.deq.virginia.gov/export/sites/default/waste/pdf/ACL_Table_Distribution_December_2011_Draft-01.pdf