Achieve focused, more efficient programs to meet or exceed environmental standards.
- Proactive policy, comprehensive planning, and effective program development
- Timely processing of accurate, effective and defensible permits that are environmentally protective
- Strengthen compliance effectiveness
- Clean contaminated sites
- Achieve certain, consistent, timely enforcement
- Enhanced monitoring and assessment
Foster an informed and engaged community.
- Increased education, outreach and participatory opportunities
- Effective incentives
Achieve optimal use of current and new resources.
- Maximize efficient use of current resources
- Maximize use of technology to create efficiencies
Sustain an outcome-oriented workforce and culture.
- Fully implement an organizational development program
DEQ Strategic Plan documents
- DEQ Strategic Plan
Overview of the objectives in DEQ's Strategic Plan and their current status.
- DEQ Strategic Plan - Performance area descriptions
DEQ's strategic plan focuses on outcomes linked to planned initiatives. This document outlines strategic objectives for four key performance areas (program capability, community, employees and financial resources), and provides an overview of DEQ activities in these areas.
- DEQ Service Area Plan
The DEQ service area plan details how the agency’s programs work toward protecting Virginia’s air, water and land resources.